OUR RESEARCH ENDEAVOURS
South Asian Health Needs Assessment (SAHNA) Publications and Presentations
Peer reviewed manuscripts
- Dhar S, Gor BJ, Banerjee D, Krishnan S, Dorai VK, Jones L, Kabad K, Naik LR, Legha SS & Pande M (2017): Differences in nativity, age and gender may impact health behavior and perspectives among Asian Indians, Ethnicity & Health, DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1346783. Published online: 03 Jul 2017.
- Gor BJ, Nepal V, Dongardive R, Dorai VK, Pande M. (2019): Is socioeconomic advantage associated with positive health behaviors and health outcomes among Asian Indians? Health Services Research and Managerial Epidemiology, Vol 6: 1-7, DOI: 10.1177/2333392819830371. Published online: 13 Mar 2019.
- Gor, BJ “Developing and Administering a Health Survey in the Asian Indian Community in Houston.” American Public Health Association Annual Convention, November 3, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Gor, BJ “Caregiving Concerns in Houston’s South Asian Communities.” New York University School of Medicine Center for the Study of Asian American Health Conference, September 26, 2016, New York, NY
- Gor, BJ and Advani, S “Health Perceptions and Concerns of South Asian Elders in the Houston Area.” Gerontological Society of America Conference, November 20, 2016, New Orleans, LA
- Dhar, S, Gor, BJ, Pande M, Krishnan S, Dorai VK, Jones LA, “Health Perspectives of Asian Indians may differ by age, gender, and nativity.” American Public Health Association annual convention, New Orleans, LA, 2014.
- Advani, Shailesh; Advani, Pragati; Gor, Beverly; Pande, Mala. “Cancer Screening, Health Behaviors and Health conditions among Asian Indians in Houston and Surrounding Areas.” Global Academic Programs Annual Conference. MD Anderson Cancer Center. Houston, TX, March, 2015.
- Gor, Beverly; Pande, Male; Advani, Shailesh. “Body Mass Index and Perceptions of Body Weight among Asian Indians in Houston.” Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Annual Conference, Houston TX, March, 2015.
- Advani, Pragati; Advani, Shailesh; Gor, Beverly; Dorai, VK; Kabad, Kanchan; Pande, Mala. Factors associated with cancer screening practices among Asian Indians. American Association for Cancer Research Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved. Atlanta, Georgia, November, 2015.
- Advani, Pragati; Advani, Shailesh; Beverly, Gor; Pande, Mala. “Association between acculturation and cancer screening practices among Asian Indians residing in Houston, Texas.” American Public Health Association Annual Convention, Chicago, IL, November, 2015.
- Advani, Shailesh; Advani, Pragati; Gor, Beverly; Dorai, VK; Kabad, Kanchan; Pande, Mala. Lifestyle and Cancer Screening Behaviors among Asian Indians compared to BRFSS rates in Texas. American Association for Cancer Research Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved. Atlanta, Georgia, (November 2015) and Student Research Day, UT School of Public Health, (March 2016).
Dongardive, R. Health care utilization and insurance coverage among Asian Indians. University of Texas School of Public Health, 2014.